The SVP In-House Licensing Counsel will be responsible for:
· Drafting and negotiating complex licensing and key transactions. This will include in-licensing and out-licensing of a variety of strategic transactions.
· Collaborating with several teams, including IP attorneys, across the Biotechnology Company on transactions, such as freedom to operate (FTO) and licensing concerns.
· Counseling on potential legal risks involved in business goals and providing solutions to intricate business and legal problems that the Biotechnology Company may face.
· Partnering with business stakeholders as well as senior executives across the Biotechnology Company to efficiently communicate legal advice on transactions and collaborations.
The Executive In-House Licensing Counsel should have the following qualifications:
· 10+ years of legal experience serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences companies.
· Juris Doctor (JD) and member currently in good standing of any State Bar.
· Law firm experience
· Experience with complex transactions, licensing, and collaborations.
· Oncology experience
· Strong negotiation skills and ability to evaluate legal and business hazards correlated with complex transactions.