We are looking for a strong Organic Synthetic Chemist to join our team in efforts to spearhead developmental projects.
- Design and execute multi-step organic synthesis for the preparation of small molecules.
- Use effective reaction planning, effective reagent selection, and systematic analysis to achieve synthesis goals.
- Complete assigned projects/tasks within agreed-upon timeframes.
- Participate in project planning, execution, and meetings as required.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Perform assigned miscellaneous lab duties related to lab maintenance & operations.
- Hold a Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a related industrial setting.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in multi-step synthesis.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience in heterocyclic and medicinal chemistry.
- Be an expert in characterizing organic compounds.
- Have hands-on working knowledge with various spectroscopic and chromatographic instruments, including NMR, UV-Vis, and FT-IR spectroscopies, mass spectrometry, and HPLC.
- Be skilled in column chromatographic purifications.
- Have excellent communication skills to coordinate regularly with other team members and clients.
- Maintain a high level of productivity consistently.
- Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrate dedication to overcoming research hurdles through hard work and perseverance.
- Function well in a fast-paced research environment.
- Be able to set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Be adaptable to ever-changing needs.