Senior QA Manager
A rapidly expanding pharmaceutical manufacturing organization is currently looking for a Senior QA Manager to join their team located in upstate New York, about an hour out from Albany.
The Manager oversees, manages, and ensures the successful day-to-day operations of Quality Assurance departments for the company. These departments include QA Operations, QA Label Control, QA Document Control, QA Release, and Quality Systems. The Senior Manager ensures this success of the teams by oversight of the Managers, Supervisors, and Individual Contributors.
- Translates the corporate vision, values and goals into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to take actions that support the vision, values and goals. Holds regular team meetings to ensure staff are kept in the loop.
- Manages employee performance by clearly defining job responsibilities and standards of performance; tracking progress against goals; providing clear, thorough, timely feedback; and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Develops coaching partnerships with direct reports. Provides training and development plans. Generates team goals and manages yearly progress of goal completion. Provides reports with challenging assignments and opportunities to address their development needs. Provides continuous feedback and end-of-year performance review.
- Acts as a champion for change. Encourages employees to question established work processes or assumptions; challenges employees to ask "why" until underlying cause is discovered; involves stakeholders in continuous improvement actions and alternatives. Develops, plans, and follows through on change initiatives. Accepts the ambiguity that comes with change activities. Resources Allocated to Ensure Critical Priorities are Met: Ensures money, technology, and staff are allocated to achieve optimal results.
- Anticipates talents, skills and knowledge that will be needed in the organization; delegates tasks and responsibilities to others to grow skills while at the same time managing risk and establishing appropriate controls.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry, preferably in a Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulatory or Validation related position.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Management or Supervisory position.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Proven decision-making ability. Proven personnel development ability. Good presentation skills.
- Experience in a DEA regulated environment is highly desirable.
Apply NOW! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity!