Principal Scientist - Process Development
- Location: Boston, MA
- Working Situation: Hybrid
- Level: Mid - Senior Level
A global and well-known biotech firm is working to produce innovative drug therapies within the large molecule projects, specifically with RNA - ranging in the pipeline from Phase 1 to Commercialization.
This position will report directly to the Director of Process Development. This role will have the opportunity to lead multiple research projects and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, while also using your expertise to improve processes.
The Principal Scientist - Process Development will provide direct leadership and expertise to both upstream and downstream teams of 3 to 4 teams of scientists.
The Principal Scientist - Process Development will:
- Be well versed in upstream and downstream processes and scale up techniques
- Lead teams responsible for a wide range of RNA structures
- Use creative methods to prepare experimental plans, execute and present them to team members, stakeholders, and at scientific meetings/conferences
- Provide contributions to reports, intellectual property, and papers
- Provide mentorship and relevant training to other team members
The Principal Scientist - Process Development has the following qualifications:
- Experience with nucleic acids
- PhD with 7+ years of relevant industry experience OR Master's degree with 9+ years of relevant industry experience OR Bachelor's degree with 13+ years of relevant industry experience
- Preferred 2+ experience leading and mentoring teams and leading projects
- Competitive 401 program, health insurance, and HSA account
- Monthly dinners with teams and leadership members
- Hybrid work schedule and flexibility of being in the lab/office