We're hiring for an automation engineer that can begin working in a hybrid capcity. Ideally, a candidate that can:
- Perform daily operations for the automation engineering function
- Continue building department infrastructure
- Manage system lifecycle and capital projects
- Use technical know-how, best practices, life cycle management, engineering standards, and project delivery knowledge to optimize and improve automated engineering methodologies.
- Work with various clients, including those in manufacturing, facilities, project/process/mechanical engineering, quality, validation, and IT, and comprehend their demands.
- As the initial point of contact, troubleshoot and prioritize automation issues to provide fast on-site operations support.
- Fill in the gaps in the current documentation and system design, and provide design specifications and SOPs to guarantee compliance.
- As the representative for automation, support and carry out site capital projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent; Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in automation and controls, at least two of those years spent working in a GMP pharmaceutical or regulated setting
- Knowing how to use OPC to find and integrate different data sources to enhance visibility and control in manufacturing
- Previous experience with Rockwell PLC hardware and software packages (Studio 5000, PlantPAX Library, FactoryTalk View, AssetCentre)
- Experience configuring/ maintaining OSISoft PI historian - preferred