Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Midwest
This MSL for the Midwest will develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent, therapeutically relevant healthcare providers and key decision makers to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of the company. The candidate in this position will deliver presentations and enter strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on this company's products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
Candidates must be experienced as an MSL and live in the Midwest territory.
- Develop and maintain clinical, scientific, and therapeutic expertise in the areas of Oncology.
- Represent the company at medical educational events, meetings, and conventions.
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Drug Information Services to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
- Identify and assist as needed in facilitation of Investigator-sponsored clinical trials.
- Work with clinical development as requested to identify and engage with appropriate sites for the company's trials.
- Provide appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal cross functional customers (including other members of the MSL team).
- Support medical publications as needed (manuscripts, abstracts, etc.).
- When necessary, lead/participate on special project teams.
- Cross-functional collaboration:
- Ensure a close working relationship with all US cross-functional Oncology/Endocrinology team members, including field-based counterparts and home office-based team members, legal, regulatory, market access individuals, medical/clinical operations.
- Support cross-functional teams to ensure operations are patient-focused, including rapidly responding to internal and external requests to discuss specific situations and challenges and provide medical affairs support to all stakeholders. Ability to gain international experience.
Key Qualifications that you bring:
- At least 2 years of MSL experience, or 8 years of related experience required.
- Previous and recent experience in Oncology (in the last 12 months) is required.
- Advanced Scientific or medical degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible relationships with top experts in the Oncology field.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to function on a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG, and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to communicate medical information clearly.
- Ability to travel ~ 60%.
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
If you are interested in this amazing MSL opportunity, please do not wait to apply!