Job Title: Medical Science Liaison
Location: New England (NY, NJ, CN, RI)
Therapy Area: Oncology, Breast Cancer
Reports to: Area Director (East), Medical Science Liaisons
The MSL is a member of a Medical Affairs field-based team. The MSL will be responsible for engaging with specified key opinion leaders (KOLs), institutions, and organizations in the US through appropriate high level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives.
The MSL will provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support to the medical community and internal cross functional partners. The MSL will build long term peer to peer relationships with thought leaders, payers and other stakeholders specializing in the treatment of breast cancer. They will be trained to respond to medical inquiries in a scientific, fair-balanced and compliant manner. The MSL is a collaborative member of the field-based team who is expected to communicate seamlessly with other members of the field based organization. This position requires professionals who possess an understanding of Oncology, specifically breast cancer, and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) scientific exchange experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain mutually productive and appropriate relationships with academic and community based KOLs and investigators across different types of healthcare organizations and payers.
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key stakeholders aligned to appropriate payer organizations.
- Providing scientific and liaison support for company's research activities including facilitation of unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs).
- Identify key opinion leaders for key company initiatives.
- Develop a territory specific medical engagement plan for scientific exchange with prioritized HCP's which support the medical affairs objectives.
- Present and/or moderate advisory boards
- Identify and train members of the company's speaker bureau program.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives to support the company's compound.
- Collaborate with Commercial and sales colleagues for thought leader and institutional engagement where appropriate.
- Represent the company at medical meetings through Medical Affairs scientific booth coverage and other related activities.
- Travel: Approximately 60% overnight travel
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Advanced degree in clinical specialty (RN, PhD, PharmD, MD) and/or 2+ years of field facing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of oncology/breast cancer and field medical affairs
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information.
- Ability to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results.