Title: Market Development Lead
Position Location: Company HQ in Suburban Philadelphia, PA
Summary: The Market Development Lead will perform market diligence and coordinate the company's market expansion strategies, planning, and execution in coordination with the company's Business Development, Applications, and Commercial Operation teams. The candidate will be responsible for the new market opportunity assessment, including trends, viability, voice of the customers exercises, and development of applications strategy to demonstrate technical feasibility. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to build and validate market/business opportunities at a stable, rising start-up company in the analytical technology industry. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, self-starter, independent contributor with a strong operational focus is critical for success.
- Ability to execute a detailed market assessment plan that includes application identification, unmet need identification, competitive landscaping, technical feasibility and opportunity assessment.
- Develop new relationships with future customers, subject matter experts and key opinion leaders to collect voice of the customer feedback and establish collaborations.
- Utilize prioritization matrix to rank and organize application diligence.
- Work closely with Business Development and Applications to validate market assessment.
- Create and maintain records of diligence and roll up that material to present market opportunity with Business Development guidance to Senior Leadership, Product Development, and Commercialization teams to make Go/No Go decisions.
- Understanding of liquid chromatography separations, mass spectrometry techniques and ion mobility
- Ability to apply analytical instrumentation knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of SLIM operation, performance and value in key application areas
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact and subunit analysis, and peptide mapping analysis of monoclonal antibodies and additional emerging novel therapeutics
- Understanding of current Omics applications such as proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics
- Current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus.
- At least 5-8 years' experience in a sales or business/market development role in the mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, or related instrumentation market.
- Working knowledge of life science mass spectrometry products, applications, and markets
- Demonstrated experience surveying users and assessing unmet market needs.
- Experience conducting technical feasibility and business opportunity analyses.
- A track record conducting new product opportunity assessment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate highly technical, complicated topics in a broadly understandable way depending upon the audience and the communication objectives.
- Business acumen to translate technical product attributes to economic impact and customer's ROI.
- Strong understanding of life science market; knowledge of emerging novel therapeutics such as cell and gene therapy is a plus.
- Independent contributor, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- Up to 30% travel (Covid-dependent)
- Ability to work within the United States.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed.
- Applications development experience in the mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, or related instrumentation market
- Demonstrated success in developing product pipeline strategies in the instrumentation market.
- Business Development
- Applications Development
- Product Development
- Product Strategy
- Product Sales Specialist
- Senior Leadership Team
- SLIM/MS End Users
- Scientific Community, Academic Researchers
- Business to Business vendor relationships
- Pharmaceutical Company Collaborators
- Instrument Company Collaborators