Title: Commercial Strategy and Insights Manager
A top 10, rapidly growing, global CRO is looking for a Commercial Strategy and Insights Manager in the greater Midwest area. This is both a critical and pivotal role by serving as a leader for the growing Commercial Strategy and Insights team. In addition, you will work with key leaders across the organization to integrate insights and analytics into multiple facets for the business. The ideal candidate is business oriented and demonstrates the ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics required.
- Guide the Commercial Insights & Strategy team to focus on key business questions and to structure business problems into actionable analysis plans.
- Ascertain optimal analytic approaches in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals.
- Identify and create key metrics to measure and monitor performance through dashboards. Collaborate across business functions and business units to convert a data driven and value centric company culture.
- Help the team utilize basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Serve as focal point integrating insights and analytics for Commercial Operations and translating into business impact across all business units.
- Ensure seamless integration of analytics across the organization, as well as identifying and leveraging third party data sources to augment analysis.
- Routinely provide integrated insights that drive operations and sales efforts.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- 5+ year's business experience in marketing, finance, business analytics, strategic planning, or management consulting
- 2+ year's people management experience
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence company/business unit level decisions and strategies
- A proven track record with talent development and empowering an accountable team
- Proven analytical skills and learning agility to coach and train colleagues across multiple functions
- Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Diversity of experience with demonstrated learning agility to quickly learn and adapt across various business functions.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership courage to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects.