Title: Associate Director, Patient Flow Analytics
A world-leading, top 10 global pharmaceutical company is looking for an Associate Director- Patient Flow Analytics for their neuroscience division. This role is be empowered to support the Neuroscience Business Unit marketing organization and help inform key decisions on business opportunities and promotion. The ideal candidate is someone who can be a hands-on leader to a team responsible for all patient flow and journey analytics for the Neuroscience Business Unit.
- Build methodology and models for all NSBU in market and pipeline brands to focus on patient flow and patient adherence analytics to identify growth opportunities utilizing patient longitudinal data
- Source new methods for evolving analytical techniques, software, and data sources to bring innovative approaches into the organization that drive higher quality results, in rare disease
- Construct and employ advanced secondary data analysis methodologies that provides best practices in machine learning and predictive analytics methodologies / techniques
- Work with large pharmaceutical data sets, possibly incomplete and disparate, to provide a comprehensive view of patients, noting strengths and weaknesses of the data / approach
- Leverage patient prescription and medical claims data to derive deep understanding and insight into patient treatment journey
- Ensure analytics and modeling activities align with brand strategy by partnering with brand leadership to understand strategic initiatives
- Mentor's analysts and associate analysts
- Bachelor's Degree OR advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc.
- For BA/BS: 7+ years of experience in marketing or sales analytics, data science, managed markets analytics / strategy, consulting, or related field
- For advanced degree: 5+ years of experience in marketing or sales analytics, data science, managed markets analytics / strategy, consulting, or related field
- Strong background in statistical language / tools, programming, and machine learning (e.g., R, Python, SAS, Dataiku, Databricks)
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources
- Proficiency in BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects, and / or Power BI
- Experience working with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IQVIA, DRG, SHA) and specialty pharmacy data
- Experience working in cloud data warehouse (e.g., Amazon Redshift)
- Leadership experience - this role is responsible for leading and coaching a team of analytics professionals to deliver data-driven insights and recommendations to inform strategic and tactical decisions.
- 4+ years pharmaceutical analytics experience
- 3+ years of progressive people and project management experience
- Experience in specialty and rare disease analytics