EPM Scientific is currently partnered with a clinical-stage cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, based out of South San Francisco. Our clients are eagerly seeking an experienced Senior Instrumentation Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and operating research labs in order to ensure an efficient laboratory environment.
- Maintain internal equipment records to support global laboratory documentation.
- Record, coordinate, and/or carry out calibration, preventive maintenance (PM), and repairs for laboratory equipment.
- Identify and suggest strategies to improve ongoing laboratory operations and upgrade instrumentation.
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendor service calls, preventive maintenance, modifications, and instrument installations with minimal supervision.
- Assist in overseeing the entire equipment management process life cycle, encompassing new equipment acquisitions, transfers, and decommissions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the seamless integration of new platforms and continuous improvement of existing instrumentation platforms
- Possess an AA / Bachelor's degree in a relevant field along with more than four years of practical hands-on experience in instrumentation, controls, or mechanical aspects.
- Proficient in overseeing equipment within a laboratory setting, particularly in managing high-volume, high-quality laboratory processes.
- Familiarity with GMP/GLP practice
- Ability to use/operate electronic measurement/calibration equipment in the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Familiarity with the principles, standard practices, and techniques involved in servicing, maintaining, and repairing laboratory equipment and instruments. Also, knowledgeable about materials, parts, supplies, and equipment used in the maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- 401 (k)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Flexible Time Off