QC Microbiology Manager
Seeking an experienced and highly skilled QC Microbiology Manager to lead our microbiology department and ensure the effective execution of microbiological testing and research activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in microbiology, extensive managerial experience, and a proven track record of overseeing complex projects and teams in a laboratory setting.
The QC Microbiology Manager will be responsible for…
- Develop and execute the department's strategic goals and objectives in alignment with the organization's overall mission.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in microbiological testing methodologies and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate microbiological insights into broader product development and quality assurance efforts.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and direction to a team of microbiologists and technicians, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and identify opportunities for skill development and training.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of microbiological testing, including environmental monitoring, raw material testing, in-process testing, and finished product release.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and quality assurance protocols.
- Manage laboratory resources, including equipment, supplies, and facilities, to ensure optimal operational efficiency.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze microbiological data, interpret results, and provide actionable insights to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with R&D, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, and Production teams to ensure seamless integration of microbiology-related activities throughout the product lifecycle.
Participate in interdisciplinary projects and contribute microbiological expertise to address broader business challenges.
The QC Microbiology Manager should have the following complications…
- Bachelor's degree in biology or molecular Biology, or related field. Relevant industry certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in microbiology, including 5 years in a leadership or managerial role within a laboratory setting.
- Deep understanding of microbiological testing methodologies, microbial physiology, and quality control principles.
- Proficiency in interpreting regulatory guidelines and ensuring compliance within a laboratory environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective collaboration and presentation of findings.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and developing teams.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development opportunities