LAB SUPERVISOR, INCOMING LAB (1ST SHIFT)
- 3-5 direct reports, overseeing the 1st shift and incoming 3rd shift
- The team implements, maintains, and executes the receipt, sampling and testing of incoming materials for production use (raw ingredients and packaging material commodities).
- Supervise technicians to ensure timely and accurate receipt, sampling and testing of incoming materials
- Insure new hire personnel are properly trained in procedures, test methods and safety
- Troubleshooting, project work, proficiency testing, technician training and auditing methods, procedure reviews, vendor audits, technician performance reviews and budget planning/management.
- Act as contact for suppliers, Global Supplier Quality Assurance (GSQA) and Regional Incoming Quality Assurance (RIQA); keep track of vendor performance and vendor supply materials, vendor CAPAs
- Prepare and coordinate corrective action program for sanitation, GMP, compliance and safety
- Tracks destructs for raw ingredients and packaging commodities on a monthly basis
- Assists the lab manager with the Incoming Material budget and planning the department Long Range Plan (LRP)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's degree in Bacteriology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or other technical degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1+ years' Supervisor experience