The Global Product Manager develops global and holistic product portfolio, product category, supplier, and sales strategies. The candidate will translate those strategies into global business go to market plans and tactical programs to drive revenue and profit for the business unit and corporation.
The desired candidate will be effective in establishing relationships in order to increase sales to targeted clients within the environmental air quality industry. In addition to Product Management, this individual will be responsible for technical sales support and promotion of the company's products to customers.
Implements the appropriate programs to either internally develop, contract manufacture, license or source the appropriate products with the ultimate goal of driving revenue and profitability growth of the category portfolio - overall P&L responsibility for managed lines.
Demonstrates a deep understanding of the assigned product category including its application by customers, the breadth of brands, and the range of requirements demanded by the laboratory, process or industrial marketplace. This role is seen as an expert by others in the organization.
- Responsible for maximizing global revenues, margins, and growth of assigned products by creating strong and innovative strategic plans for growth within the market.
- Drives product area efforts and coordinates with Corporate Development (M&A)
- Drives revenue growth through overall product life cycle management including, but not limited to: product line strategy and vision, product line road mapping, product line development (NPI), brand management, pricing, forecasting, along with the creation and execution of product plan tactics to support marketing programs.
- Global Sourcing - drives revenue growth through global portfolio expansion to both find new products and resource current products, new & current supplier development enhancing our competitive position.
- Works with sales teams to develop sales forecasts for annual plans and new product introductions, accurately and effectively. Monitors and analyze sales, gross profits, and other metrics for the product lines making any necessary adjustments in the product line plans to meet goals and objectives
- Identifies and properly qualifies new business opportunities; provides customer and sales support by responding to customer inquiries and requests
- Works with Commercial Analytics/Commercial Sales to develop appropriate channel strategies.
- Prepares share of market/share of wallet reports for applicable regions.
- Maintains competitive product & pricing reports for all products. Understands the strengths and weaknesses of competitor's products and strategies via competitive data gathering and capture. Creates effective gap analysis summaries.
- Stays current on market direction and drivers through a variety of means. Including, but not limited to, direct interactions with customers, outside suppliers, partners, and industry contacts.
- Gathers and prepares all the necessary product and technical information and content for the introduction of new products. Including, application stories and testimonials for all products.
- Partners with Product Trainer in training customer facing team(s) on product line(s).
- Assists in development of promotional media, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree - B.A / B.S. with major/minor in sciences/business required - business, marketing, science, or engineering, MBA / Masters Degree / Graduate degree preferred
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of progressive experience in product management / product development, marketing, sales, or strategic sourcing.
- Experience in indoor air quality and industrial hygiene desired but not required
- Prior commercial experience in a product management, sales or marketing organization
- Industry-related experience in laboratory or industrial markets preferred
- Contract negotiations with detailed and complex terms in such areas as pricing, delivery, support and services preferred.
- Willing to take calculated risks and when risk does not pan out, must be able to learn from mistakes.
- Strong organizational skills to merge multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines related to various task and initiatives, organize own work. Must be flexible to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a member of a cross-functional team and relate well to various levels of the organization with customer orientation and a problem solving, can-do attitude.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking in order to identify a variety of means to grow assigned products and lines, be able to obtain and evaluate data, set strategies and drive execution. Must also possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure accurate appraisal, interpretation, and justification of product line plans.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization