A small, clinical diagnostics startup company is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Assay Scientist. This position is located the Greater Austin, TX area. You will play a key role in driving the development of biochemical assays for bacterial ID-AST testing.
The Scientist will be responsible for:
- Plan, develop, and execute experimental designs for developing in vitro diagnostic assays for bacterial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing (ID/AST).
- Statistically analyze data from experiments and relay findings to the team.
- Coordinate effective communication between related teams (i.e. Research, Chemistry, Clinical, Manufacturing, etc.).
The Scientist should have the following qualifications:
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, Physics, Biomaterials, or a related scientific field with 2+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience preferred in a BSL-2 laboratory environment (industry or postdoctoral) with biochemical reactions with regard to assay development.
- Strong understanding of analytical and purification techniques.
- Demonstrated use of statistical software such as JMP, R, Python, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively and efficiently solve complex problems.
- Health insurance with 401k matching
- Opportunity to work on a project that is making a global impact