The Vice President, Clinical Development will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the company clinical trials. In support of these responsibilities, this leader will oversee the company's clinical directors, clinical scientists, clinical operations staff and pharmacovigilance, recruiting staff of appropriate experience to meet the company needs while remaining lean and nimble. They will be responsible for developing the infrastructure to conduct clinical research and data collection and will collaborate closely with the Regulatory and Clinical Quantitative functions within Clinical Development, as well as with other departments to conduct trials.
Here's how you will contribute:
- Build and lead the clinical research function, which includes clinical directors, clinical scientists, clinical operations and pharmacovigilance.
- Plan for and direct internal and external resources to achieve company goals in a swift, high quality and compliant manner.
- Design and oversee clinical studies from Phase 1 through to registration. Know the details of each study and its participants and disseminate knowledge internally to enable decision-making.
- Identify and foster productive relationships with investigators, including key opinion leaders, participating in Generate clinical trials.
- Ensure smooth communication and collaboration between organizations and individuals involved in research, with particularly close attention to Preclinical Drug Discovery and the CMC/Quality organizations.
- Represent the company externally at conferences and with other external parties such as partners, CROs, collaborators and investors.
- Dive deeply into the science being executed under their purview, staying abreast of the scientific literature; develop and disseminate well-informed opinions on the science as part of their leadership.
- Foster a safe, inclusive work environment. Support the personal and career development goals of their reports.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- MD with 10+ years of experience in clinical practice & drug development. Drug development experience ideally includes early drug development (testing of new compounds, dose selection and trouble-shooting) Medical Affairs experience alone is insufficient.
- A proven track record of leadership while in the pharmaceutical industry/recognized for leadership
- Experience in drug development in oncology is preferred.
- Experience in small and large companies is preferred but not required.
- A record of consistent professionalism, particularly when under pressure