This position is looking for an experienced Business Development professional background in both In-licensing and Out-Licensing within a rapidly growing pharma company. Specifically this opportunity is with a rapidly growing China based pharma company who have multiple mid-phase assets.
The position has incredible visibility reporting in to the founder of the company and being responsible for the build out of their BD function. The position is looking for someone who has played a leading role in supporting numerous in-licensing and out-licensing strategic collaborations and commercial alliances. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a strong business development background who is looking to operate in a rapidly growing biotech. The position will be remote with the company based in the California area.
Roles open for both the east and west coast.
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and closing transactions.
- Experience bringing a new drug to market and expansion of the commercial potential post approval.
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process
- Knowledge of industry functional areas of R&D, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
- Proven ability to lead in a complex matrix environment with and without direct authority.
Qualifications - Experience/Education
- Masters of Business Administration and/or graduate degree in life sciences preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working for a pharmaceutical/biotech company with a minimum of 5-7 years working in pharmaceutical business development, licensing, and/or strategic analysis capacities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mandarin speaking proficiency would be preferred