A leading national Biotechnology Company is in search of an SVP In-House Licensing Counsel to join their legal team located in San Francisco. They are looking for the SVP In-House Licensing Counsel to have experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/ life science industry to have oncology experience and to thrive in a high-volume and collaborative corporate environment. The SVP In-House Licensing Counsel will be responsible for advising on transactional legal matters related to complex transactions and licensing matters. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company, help build out the legal team, and receive long term incentives such as stock and equity.
The SVP In-House Licensing Counsel will be responsible for:
· Drafting and negotiating complex licensing and key transactions. This will include in-licensing and out-licensing of a variety of strategic transactions.
· Collaborating with several teams, including IP attorneys, across the Biotechnology Company on transactions, such as freedom to operate (FTO) and licensing concerns.
· Counseling on potential legal risks involved in business goals and providing solutions to intricate business and legal problems that the Biotechnology Company may face.
· Partnering with business stakeholders as well as senior executives across the Biotechnology Company to efficiently communicate legal advice on transactions and collaborations.
The Executive In-House Licensing Counsel should have the following qualifications:
· 10+ years of legal experience serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences companies.
· Juris Doctor (JD) and member currently in good standing of any State Bar.
· Law firm experience
· Experience with complex transactions, licensing, and collaborations.
· Oncology experience
· Strong negotiation skills and ability to evaluate legal and business hazards correlated with complex transactions.