Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an independent and motivated cell biologist to help develop, optimize, and conduct cell-based assays, as well as to perform cell-based mechanism of action studies in support of our oncolytic research programs. For this lab-based position, the candidate will have experience in mammalian cell culture and with a variety of cell biology techniques.
- Culture of mammalian cell lines/primary mammalian cells using aseptic techniques
- Development, optimization, and execution of cell-based assays and multi-well plate assays
- Design and execution of mechanistic studies in cell-based model systems
- Communication of study results and presentation of data at group meetings
- BS or MS in cell biology or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience; industry experience is preferred
- Skilled and experienced in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience with 96-well plate assays and multi-channel pipetting a plus
- Experience designing, optimizing and implementing cell-based studies
- Expertise with cell biology and molecular biology techniques including transfections, ELISA, western blotting, qPCR, and immunocytochemistry.
- Experience with cell imaging systems (e.g. Essen Incucyte system, Biotek Cytation system) and image analyses a plus
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Don't miss out on an opportunity with a highly reputable company to grow your career and your research. Apply today!