Salary: Highly Competitive + Relocation Scheme
Location: Basel, Switzerland
A global leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to bring on an accomplished Senior Scientist to lead the R&D department. As the Senior Scientist, you will be leading a variety of small molecule and drug discovery projects. Furthermore, you will be the subject expert for all method development and method validation techniques. You will also be responsible for maintaining clear and accurate records of experimental work and provide progress reports and updates to a variety of team leads.
The company is currently undergoing massive internal growth and the team have doubled this past year and is now securing the most elite talent on the market. If you are an individual with ambitions and a vision, and wish to be part of an exciting process that will propel into the future of pharmaceuticals, then this opportunity is for you.
- Providing technical leadership to a project: develop, plan and execute experiments.
- Design, synthesis, purification and characterisation of small molecule compounds for drug discovery projects
- Leading a variety of projects under a GMP environment.
- Lead assay development and improvement.
- Dealing and overlooking technological transfers
- Prepare charts, graphs, reports using IT software such as Excel and Word
- Apply scientific and statistical principles to design, conduct and assess experiments.
- Ability to undertake research with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adequately communicate in written and oral form.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience of working in a GMP environment and with small or large molecules.
- Fluent English and good level of German.
- Degree (or equivalent) within a Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry
- Masters/PhD in Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry (preferred but not essential).