Sr. Research Statistician, Needed for Worldwide leader in Biotech
- Biostats | Phase I-IV Clinical Trials
- Bridgewater NJ or Cambridge MA
- $160,000 - $180,000 + complete benefit package
A well-established, worldwide pharmaceutical company is looking to hire a Sr. Biostatistician that is primarily responsible for supplying statistical technical support to projects on complex problems and methods, supervising independent research and helping others to work on proactively identified technical issues from studies. The role entails being a statistical expert by serving as the go-to person with extensive knowledge in at least 2 therapeutic areas.
The Sr. Research Statistician will be responsible for:
- Promote teamwork, quality, and innovation. Maintain productive work and research environment. Give insight on opinions in terms of future statistical direction to meet the technical needs of the department. Encourage the use of modern designs and methods across studies and projects by presenting statistical supports to projects on complex problems and offering training.
- Organize innovative independent research on technical issues known from studies and projects.
- Advise peers with extensive knowledge in at least 2 statistical areas within the department through widespread innovative research or accumulation of experience. Operate as an internal consultant. In addition, help others to work on various research topics or lead internal working group(s).
- May provide direct statistical technical support and leadership to major special studies that require novel designs/new methodologies to gain further clinical trial experience. Plan and track study/project activities, timelines, and resource use. Prioritize and balance the needs of study/project and research.
- Certify productive collaborations with other functions in the aligned study/project teams and with other statistical project managers.
- Deliver statistical technical support to address issues in filings or questions from agencies. Take part in document review.
- Partake in professional activities by e.g., acting as a member of professional organizations, working groups or committees.
The Sr. Research Statistician should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in statistics or related discipline with at least 6 years of experience is required
- Exhibited potential leadership, good track record of statistical research, and interpersonal/communication skills with a vast understanding of sophisticated statistical concepts and techniques in specific areas.
- Demonstrated success through interactions with internal/external statisticians.
- Outstanding R/SAS programming skills.
- Oncology experience is a huge plus
- Adequate clinical trial experiences