Summary: A top level truck parts corporation is actively searching for a candidate to fill an opening in third over 250,000 square foot warehouse in Eastern Ohio. The Sr. Industrial Engineer will lead, manage and participate in a wide variety of projects targeted at improving and managing production efficiencies, implementing equipment & systems, developing and improving processes and training associates. The candidate they are looking for has a strong value tied to commitment, integrity, and innovation.
- Champion and lead Standard Work efforts across various functional teams to identify process improvement projects, employ the DMAIC process of problem solving, and produce measurable results.
- Design, develop and support the rollout of new training tools and methodologies, including Work Instructions and Visual Aids.
- Create project schedules and manage multiple project vendors during the implementation of new equipment and processes to remain on schedule and on budget.
- Work with the quality team to determine root cause of non-conformances and implement corrective actions and maintain and audit current production SOPs.
- Initiate product trials to improve production operator job duties, document process improvements and provide training materials to the production team.
- Perform time studies on processes to identify opportunities for improvements and to verify process changes once implemented.
- Partner with material suppliers to validate/maintain quality, reduce cost and optimize products for better performance internally.
- Serve as technical resource for other plant personnel in efforts to improve the overall manufacturing process.
- Mine and analyze data to initiate projects, monitor effectiveness of improvements, and provide interpretation of data to other team members.
Education and Experience
- S. in Engineering with 7+ years of relevant hands-on experience in a manufacturing or process capacity.
- Hands-on experience in workplace environments that includes both highly skilled hand assembly and automated assembly.
- Experience in the Fiberglass Composites Industry (preferred) or industry utilizing material spraying and cutting processes.
- Experience working in an Automotive Tier 1 Supplier or, a 24/7 continuous process environment (preferred).
- Experience working in a Lean Six Sigma environment; ability to understand and use these tools to determine root cause and drive improvements.
Salary: $90,000+ benefits/bonus