Senior Hardware Engineer, MRI Safety (all levels)
Location: New Brighton, MN
The Sr. Hardware Engineer will work on the development and evaluation of medical device MRI safety. This is a dynamic position requiring creativity, drive, flexibility. This position will be responsible for setting up capabilities and developing test methodologies for the MRI lab
Key responsibilities of the Sr. Hardware Engineer, MRI Safety include:
- Execution of tests and evaluation of results in the radiated environment (Radiated Testing, Damage testing, Anechoic chamber measurements, etc) for medical devices (Active Implants and Passive Implants)
- Perform Numerical electromagnetics simulations to model temperature effects of MRI. (using HFSS, COMSOL, Sim4life etc)
- Design, Develop and document testing procedures and reports related to the above medical devices
- Clearly Communicate ideas, problems, and solutions to the engineering team.
- Use considerable judgment, high degree of initiative, creative approaches in troubleshooting, and making recommendations for continuous improvement of work methods for functional areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Fixture design for MRI activities.
Key requirements of the Sr. Hardware Engineer, MRI Safety include:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum two years of experience in an engineering discipline with a background in Electromagnetics/RF/Electrical engineering. Advanced degree (M.S or Ph.D.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with working in shielded rooms (eg: EMC Testing), with oscilloscopes, function generators, vector network analyzers, amplifiers, thermometry, multimeters, etc.
- Experience working in EMC/RF safety of regulated industry environment: Aerospace, Medical Device, Automotive, etc (Desired experience not a must)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
- Familiarity with MRI safety standards for implantable medical devices ISO 10974 and ASTM 2182 (Desired experience not a must)
- Knowledge of MRI physics: RF Heating, Force/Torque Testing, etc. (Desired experience not a must)
If you are interested in the role, apply online today, call +44 203 667 8385 or email your updated CV for a confidential chat.