A leading global Biotechnology Company is in search of a Senior Executive Director, Corporate Counsel to join their legal team located in San Francisco. They are looking for the Senior Executive Director, Corporate Counsel to have experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/ life science industry to have corporate governance experience and to thrive in a high-volume and collaborative corporate environment. The Senior Executive Director, Corporate Counsel will be responsible for advising on SEC legal matter. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company, help build out the legal team, and receive long term incentives such as stock and equity.
The Senior Executive Director, Corporate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Lead attorney working on all corporate matters.
- Working closely with compliance team on SEC and other corporate Governance work.
- Counseling on potential legal risks involved in business goals and providing solutions to intricate business and legal problems that the Biotechnology Company may face.
- Partnering with business stakeholders as well as senior executives across the Biotechnology Company to efficiently communicate legal advice on transactions and collaborations.
The Senior Executive Director, Corporate Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of legal experience serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences companies.
- Juris Doctor (JD) and member currently in good standing of any State Bar.
- In-house experience
- Experience with complex SEC and other corporate governance matters.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to evaluate legal and business hazards correlated with complex transactions.