Senior Director Bioinformatics
Biotechnology company looking for right individual to grow out Bioinformatics team of engineers, data scientist, bioinformaticians, computational biologist
- Lead hiring and development of a world-class team of data scientists, data curators, software engineers, and bioinformatics scientists.
- Develop new bioinformatics approaches for analysis of large-scale genomics datasets and application development.
- Collaborate cross functionally
- Provide the organization with both short- and long-term information systems strategies that will help the organization meet its business objectives by developing an informatics database strategy
- Incorporation of large databases from collaborations, strategic alliances and research efforts
- End-to-end analysis that includes design, data gathering, processing, analysis, presentation
- Build tools that preserve scientific rigor and quality.
- Maintain an active external scientific presence.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent preparation and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage bioinformatics teams, provide technical leadership, perform translational research, and lead and contribute to cross functional projects.
- 5 Years of leading Bioinformatics team
- Statistical and machine learning background
- Multiple programming languages
- Unix/Linux environment
- Lead as well as teach and grow team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive package
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team