As the leader of Advanced Analytics (Commercial), this role will be responsible for applying hands on, advanced, analytical techniques to a broad range of data assets to inform strategic planning and optimal resource allocation. The incumbent will participate in the proliferation of an analytics-driven culture that drives top-line growth, controls costs, and takes timely corrective action to reduce risks that derail plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop data-driven behavioral segmentation and targeting of entities including patients, physicians, office accounts, payers, and health systems.
- Sales force size/structure analyses and commercial model design assessments.
- Portfolio, cross-channel, and marketing mix optimization assessments.
- Design and conduct post-hoc and a priori studies to measure program effectiveness and ROI using principles of cohort studies, and matched case-control studies.
- Support a robust suite of copay/out-of-pocket analytics. This includes copay program tracking, ROI measurement, benefit design, price sensitivity analyses and coverage gap studies.
- Conduct patient level analyses (drivers of adherence, switching, product trial, etc...)
- Respond to various business questions with data-driven, actionable insights requiring the use of advanced data manipulation, synthesis and visualization techniques.
- Utilize expertise in univariate and multivariate statistical techniques.
- Be able to reason with information/data, deliver actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Proactively propose analytical solutions to business questions and problems and implement suggested methods.
- Provide concise analyses that go beyond a presentation of the facts to include a discussion of the associated business implications and recommended course of action.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and ability to succinctly express point view using both written and verbal communications.
- Provide guidance and leadership to analytical professionals (either in-house or vendor managed).
- 10+ years relevant experience
- BS/BA or Advanced degree in quantitative discipline.
- Background in a decision science, marketing analytics, data science function and/or experience with advanced quantitative methods (e.g. multivariate statistics, predictive models, segmentation, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary data science tools such as R, Python and SAS along with comfort and/or aptitude for working in AWS environment.
- Experience with secondary pharmaceutical data sources including Rx, pharmacy claims, payer, formulary, HCP affiliations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with stakeholders and work in a team environment across departments.
- Demonstrated project management and experience in managing outside consultants
- Position demands a 'problem solving' orientation. Successful candidates must be able to develop innovative, resourceful solutions to complex, unstructured problems with minimal guidance.