We have a current opportunity for a Senior Business Development Associate EMEA Biologics on a permanent basis. The position will be in EMEA - Ideally in Switzerland as this is where company head quarters are located.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for prospecting and converting prospects to leads for follow up by Business Development Manager colleagues. The candidate will target new companies and consultants through email and phone prospecting in order to establish connections with new target accounts in the EMEA territory, with the ultimate goal of generating a funnel of new leads and opportunities for the BD managers in the territory.
The Business Development Associate will also be responsible for supporting conference, trade show, and marketing event preparation, including reviewing and prioritising target lists with their BD colleagues, supporting partnering meeting outreach, and attending conferences.
- In depth desk research on potential target customers (with support of Market Intelligence)
- Prospecting and initial outreach to target customers and consultants
- Following up on marketing generated prospects
- Converting prospects to concrete leads for follow up by Business Development Managers
- Liaising with internal function such as Technical Sales (proposals) and Commercial Development, and Licensing to ensure full alignment on technologies and value propositions
- Supporting conference preparation and booth duty
- Use lead generation companies for (ie Zymewire, PhamaTargeting, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc) for lead generation
- Master's degree in LifeScience's or Engineering. PhD and/or MBA, Biology, Biochemistry, or related Technical degree
- Highly Experienced in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CDMO space
- Proven track record in delivering year on year business targets for complex high value deals
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialisation processes.
- Strong technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes