A rapidly growing RNA Gene Therapy biotech is looking for a skilled, driven, and experienced scientist to join the chemistry team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The chosen candidate will work on our PMO oligonucleotide platform and discovery research on enhanced oligonucleotide delivery, as well as manage collaborations and contract research organizations (CROs) as needed. To execute new initiatives and manage changes, this job will collaborate closely with the Discovery Biology, Translational Sciences, and Business Development teams.
- Create platforms for synthesis, conjugation, and delivery: Design and carry out synthesis, purification, and characterization of new oligonucleotide conjugates; To achieve in vivo proof of concept, use cutting-edge delivery methods. Develop synthetic methods and pathways that are both efficient and scalable.
- Assist in the creation of project strategy, as well as the analysis and sharing of complicated data, as a crucial part of a multidisciplinary drug delivery team
- Assists as an oligonucleotide and delivery chemistry expert in-house.
- Drive the creation of technical reports to aid in the production of patent applications and manuscripts.
- Maintain project schedules by organizing workstreams and completing individual and team objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior employees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in organic chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields with 5+ yrs of relevant post-doctoral experience; or M.S. with 9+ yrs experience
- Hands-on experience in nucleic acid, peptide, and bioconjugation research
- Previous experience in the design, chemical optimization, and formulation/delivery of oligonucleotide therapeutics is highly desired
- Experience in developing and applying analytical methods for oligonucleotides characterization
- Track record with the ability to execute multiple concurrent research projects within a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills