A rapidly growing biotech company developing novel gene therapeutics to solve challenging and complex diseases, utilizing their unique gene circuit platform, is currently conducting oncological clinical trials and looking to bring on new and promising talent. The Pre-Clinical In Vivo team in South San Francisco is looking for a highly motivated Pre-Clinical Research Associate for a 12+ month contract to full-time position. The successful candidate will contribute to early-stage oncology projects, perform high risk/high impact research, and play a key role in building the culture of the company. Applicants should have current knowledge of pre-clinical tumor models, animal handling, and dosing.
- Perform in vivo studies in rodent models.
- Administer test substances through various basic methods (i.e. topical, IP, IV, SC, etc.)
- Administer tests through rodent bleeding (cardiac puncture, submandibular, tail vein, etc.)
- Perform tissue harvest procedures and necropsy.
- Perform in vivo imaging to monitor the growth of tumors.
- Manage the general health and overall wellbeing of animals.
- Maintaining SOPs to ensure the integrity and quality of studies.
- Collaborate with research teams on relevant ex vivo assays (i.e. Flow cytometry, PCR, ELISA, IHC, etc.)
- Perform data analysis and maintain accurate experiment records in internal databases.
- Train research staff as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in the Life Sciences or related degree.
- 2+ years of animal laboratory experience.
- Strong practical experience with animal handing, dosing (IP, IV and SC), bleeding, necropsy and tissue harvesting.
- Experience with cell culture is highly valued.
- Minimal supervision to perform all the above duties.
- Great organizational and documentation skills.
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment for shared projects.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across research teams.
This is an onsite 12+ contract to hire (FTE) position.
Competitive pay + stock options + significant growth opportunity as the company expands.