A start-up Biotech company, who is developing targeted medicines for life-limiting respiratory diseases, is looking for a Research Associate I/II to join its Aerosol Delivery and Formulations group to support molecule development and optimization. The company's own lipid delivery platforms are customizable to treat various respiratory diseases and greatly improve the quality and length of the lives of patients. With having extensive experience in Gene editing and Drug Development, the team is primed to tackle this challenge. They have multiple preclinical product programs, one of which that is backed by a world-renowned non-profit organization. The company expects to file an Investigational New Drug application in the second half of next year, and this candidate will be a major player in furthering its research in pursuit of the clinic.
- Conduct research utilizing different inhalation devices and aerosol characterizations
- Conduct various quality control assessments, including particle size and distribution
- Contribute to lab management activities as needed
- Document and maintain formulation inventory as needed
- Maintain constant communication with team members regarding delivery and formulation plans
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or a related field with industry experience
- Hands-on experience with aerosol characterization instruments
- Familiarity with lipid nanoparticle preparation and characterization preferred
- Proficient with common laboratory equipment and Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Aseptic Technique and basic lab calculations
- Ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity in Dallas, TX that will start on a 6-month contract.
Candidate will be asked to report on site.
Highly competitive pay + benefits
If you are interested, please apply today!