A progressive biotherapeutics company is looking for a Research Associate with experience in Process Development to join their cell therapy programs. They are looking for an individual with experience in process development, culture expanded immune cells (T cells, NK cells), pre-clinical process development, mammalian tissue culture, and flow cytometry. The role is a 6-month, contract -to-hire position in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Contribute to process development for cell therapy development programs, including natural killer cells (NK cells), CAR-T cells and other therapeutic cell modalities.
- Perform transductions on primary human cells using viral vectors and other gene delivery methods.
- Perform process conditions and raw material qualifications experiments.
- Execute and document lab procedures and experiments with attention to detail.
- Maintain lab records and notebooks
- Author protocols, reports and standard operating procedure documents
- Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably industry
- Proficiency with flow cytometry preferred.
- Bioreactor experience is preferred.
- Experience with magnetic cell enrichments and depletions in and closed-system cell therapy manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Experienced with aseptic mammalian tissue culture including adherent and suspension cells
- Proficient with gene delivery methods such as transduction and functional assays
- Design and conduct experiments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.