Salary: Highly Competitive + Relocation Scheme
Location: Munich, Germany
A global leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to bring on an experienced R&D Director to join their prestigious site based in the heart of Munich. As the R&D Director, you will be managing as well as leading a variety of projects such as small molecule and drug discovery projects. Furthermore, you will be driving product development from concept to final launch, and collaborating with quality control to ensure the appropriate product is produced.
The company is currently undergoing a tremendous amount of internal growth (35% growth in the past 12 months), and is now securing the most promising and elite talent on the market. If you are an individual with ambitions and a vision, and wish to be part of an exciting process that will propel into the future of pharmaceuticals, then this opportunity is for you.
- Providing technical leadership to a project: develop, plan and execute experiments.
- Collaborate with other departments i.e. quality control, to ensure the appropriate products are being produced to a high standard.
- Track, analyse and control costs, schedule, quality and ensuring great customer satisfaction.
- Leading a variety of projects under a GMP environment.
- Dealing and overlooking technological transfers.
- Motivate, develop and train staff to reach desired production and results.
- Apply scientific and statistical principles to design, conduct and assess experiments.
- Ability to adequately communicate in written and oral form.
- Must be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with an in depth understanding of R&D.
- Must be able to handle several projects concurrently depending on the magnitude of each one.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience of working as a R&D Director OR
- Minimum of 8 year's experience working as a Senior Program/Project Manager.
- Fluent English and good level of German.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry
- Masters/PhD in Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry / Chemistry (preferred but not essential).