One of the top bio-pharmaceutical companies in the world is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their Procurement team on a 6-month contract. This company leads the development and research for some of the most important cancer drugs currently being manufactured.
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for:
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day purchasing for the company by:
o managing vendor data entry and vendor changes in the ERP system
o expediting and PO follow-up
o filing and clerical support duties
* Learn procurement systems, policies, and processes and may provide support for end users.
* Assists in the resolution of Accounts Payable invoice and other discrepancies related to purchasing
* Assists with routine orders as assigned
* Can work within team environment and independently on clearly defined tasks assigned
* Complies with all company policies and procedures
The Purchasing Assistant should have the following qualifications:
- Understands general aspects of the job.
* Exceptional customer service skills and a strong work ethic required.
* Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to accept responsibility for work activities and complete in an accurate and timely manner.
* Team player who isn't afraid to reach out to when questions arise.
* Exhibits high attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy, especially in work within the ERP system.
* Applies acquired job skills and company policies/procedures to complete tasks.
* Excellent communications skills both written and oral. Conducts themselves in a professional manner when dealing with team members and our internal customers.
* Reads and interprets documents as needed for the job.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications and a background in basic computer skills.
* Works on assigned problems of limited scope with analysis of situation or data.
* Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Not hesitant to ask questions to clarify instructions or for guidance.
* Builds productive internal and external working relationships
* Uses professional concepts and company's policies and procedures to solve a variety of routine problems
- Health care Coverage
- Competitive Pay Rate
If you are interested in the Purchasing Assistant role, then please don't wait to apply.