Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Upstream Process Development will lead cell culture development professional with experience in cell therapy products. They will be operating with the mission to develop robust, scalable, and innovative cell culture processes for the genomic medicine pipeline from early to late stage products.
- Leading biologic upstream process development for first-in-human and commercial processes by efficiently developing high yield, robust and scalable cell culture processes.
- Plans, manages, and contributes to cell therapy development and essential parameter optimization, including numerous bioreactor operations, media and feed screening, scale-up/scale-down, and full-scale processing for both suspension and adherent platforms.
- Lead and execute laboratory studies for development, optimization, and manufacturing of CAR-T or other cell product therapies including design, planning, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Participate in a cross-functional team to define, develop, and transfer processes to cGMP manufacturing partners
- A advanced degree in chemical/bioengineering, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Industry experience with technology transfer, manufacturing sciences, and/or cGMP manufacture of cell therapy products.
- Hands-on experience performing flow cytometry and cell-based analytical methods.
- Direct experience with cell based products (i.e. T-Cell, NK-Cell, B-Cell, Stem Cell, etc.)