European Remote role (Offices based in Amsterdam, Netherlands) - Associate Medical Director (Clinical Development Oncology and Onco-haematology). Research within oncology and haematology still remains one of the most important and most lucrative areas within life science, this is even more so now Netherlands.
The arrival of the EMA, the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI) and more and more American biotechs and Pharma setting up their EU research arm here - it is becoming a great place to start or build a career.
The company we are working for is doing just that, having offices across Europe and merged with a US business - they are now leading the research into many clinical oncology programmes.
What they are really looking for now is subject matter experts. Authorities in the field who can help them be one of the top players in Netherlands and the whole of Europe.
Note - this role can be remote based, anywhere in Europe.
Note further - this role can also be part time, but preferences is for full time.
If you have a strong oncology background and would like to be part of this growth story - then please continue reading and apply today.
As a Clinical Development expert you will be responsible for;
- Involved with all Clinical Development areas with a focus in patient safety, trial design, site activation and documentation.
- Work with the executive team in shaping and delivering the clinical strategy.
- Responsible for study protocols, understanding their meaning and how to use them, contributing to them and following them.
- Provide medical and data review for the ongoing clinical studies.
- Ensure that Clinical Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) facilitate the development of effective clinical study protocols and are compliant.
- Develop/review/edit essential study documents such as protocols, medical monitoring plan, and medical data reviewing plan, case report forms, database specifications, and statistical analysis plan.
- Provide medical input in all essential documents, including, investigator brochure, clinical study reports, IND and NDA summary documents safety annual reports .
- Support clinical research development and implementation of the study protocols, clinical trials and start-ups all within the defined project scope, budget and timeline
- Provide clinical research data to support EMA / FDA and other regulatory bodies and communicate across Medical, Commercial and Quality teams.
As a clinical development project lead you will need;
- M.D or equivalent. (Client is requesting board certification, however if you don't have one, still apply anyway and we can see what we can do).
- Previous work within oncology- either in Solid or Haematological. (essential)
- Work in clinical development (or similar, i.e. Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations)
- Ideally previous Industry experience but CRO, Academic and Hospital research welcome.
- English fluent.
- Proven track record of most of the above job responsibilities or transferrable experiences.
- Competitive salary.
- Work remotely from home or 50% home/office if you choose to work in Amsterdam (both is fine with client).
- Option to work part-time if you want to continue your clinical practice. (as mentioned, preferences are for full time but the client is flexible).
- Extensive Oncology and Haematology portfolio to work with including Immunotherapy and other scientific approaches.
- Visa support if needed.
- Working with some of the newest oncology treatments in Europe.
- Empowering workspace, offering opportunities to share ideas and influence company services development worldwide
If you are interested in this mission, or in general would like to discuss your options in the Clinical Development and Medical space then please send your CV in, apply on LinkedIn and contact me. This is what the process will look like (note, this could change depending on you or the client's need);
- Full call with the executive recruiter responsible (Charles Spence)
- Sharing of the company and confirmation by you to move forward.
- Introductory call with HR and Hiring manager.
- Further call with Global Head (US based)
- Face to face meeting (can be virtual meeting if needed) for panel interview - though this might be skipped.
- If successful - offer and contract negotiations.
If you are still not sure, feel free to message me directly on (all connections are confidential).
My contact details
/ 0044 203 758 8923 /
Netherlands - Amsterdam - Europe - Remote Work - Work from home - WFH - European based - home flexibility - part-time - part time - PT - flexible work
Medical Director - Clinical Development - Medical Expert - Clinical Research Physician - Medical Monitor - Oncologist - Research Director - Associate Medical Director
Oncology - Haematology - Haem-Oncology - Immunooncology - Immuno-oncology - Monoclonal Antibody - CART - Check point inhibitor - Small Molecule
Clinical Research Organisation - CRO - Clinical Company
Clinical Research - Clinical Biotech - Phase I - Phase 1 - Phase II - Phase 2 - Medical Doctor - M.D