We have a current opportunity for a Market Surveillance Officer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Chicago. For further information about this position please apply.
Position: Market Surveillance and Supervision Analyst
Department: Risk Department, Market Surveillance and Supervision (MSS)
Position Summary: Hybrid: 3x week onsite
The Market Surveillance and Supervision (MSS) department, situated within the Risk Department, plays a critical role in overseeing the sales and trading practices of our firm and its customers across all markets served. As Principals of the firm, the MSS team is responsible for managing, executing, and diagnosing potential issues in essential US Regulatory Reporting. Our department operates within a culture and framework of compliance and risk awareness, with the primary goal of safeguarding the firm's integrity, thereby maintaining the trust and confidence of all stakeholders, including clients, regulators, and shareholders.
- Conduct daily regulatory surveillance reviews, utilizing Nasdaq Trade Surveillance - SMARTS.
- File and review regulatory reporting, including Large Option Position Reports (LOPR), Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT), Electronic Blue Sheets (EBS), Short Interest, etc.
- Document, review, and approve new account documentation for Securities, Options, and Futures/Commodities.
- Review all sales correspondence, such as advertising and sales literature.
- Review communications, including email and instant messaging.
- Collaborate closely with the Compliance team to respond to regulatory inquiries.
- Stay current with industry regulations and potential changes to regulatory rules.
- Collaborate with IT, Operations, and management to enhance efficiencies through automation, the development of new processes, or modification of existing processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Compliance, Regulatory, Supervisory, or as a Registered Representative/principal role with a Broker/Dealer.
- Experience in the futures, equities, and options marketplace, along with a deep understanding of its microstructure.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of a clearing organization.
- Proficiency in Industry Rules and Regulations, including Reg SHO, CAT, LOPR.
- Experience in creating and calibrating surveillance reports and systems, with knowledge of SMARTS/NTS.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the capability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Series 7, Series 24, and Series 3 certifications are preferred.
- This position is pivotal in ensuring that our market practices adhere to regulations, upholding our commitment to compliance, and protecting the trust and confidence of our stakeholders.