We have a current opportunity for a Lead Buyer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Visp. For further information about this position please apply.
The role is a Hybrid model with 2 days remote working
The Lead Buyer CAPEX manages the procurement activities for assigned investment projects and coordinates their planning and execution at the Visp site and, if required, at other sites.
- Development of purchasing strategy and coordination of procurement activities for assigned investment projects.
- Strategic responsibility for a procurement volume of CHF 40-60 million.
- Procurement of supplies (systems, sub-systems, equipment and spare parts) and services (consulting, engineering and planning) for the assigned specialist areas or investment projects
- Strategic and operational procurement tasks, including Coordination, lead or participation in projects to further the development and improve the efficiency of technical purchasing as well as to achieve common targets.
- Member of the Technical Purchasing Management Team Visp
- Technical training (ETH or FH) or similar training; Preferred area of study: Process engineering, chemical engineering and plant engineering
- Experience in plant construction as well as in the areas of purchasing, sales, contract management and project management
- Business Proficiency in both English and German
- Project and procurement management
- Team player with ability to work efficiently in matrix organizations and interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and resilience