An innovative clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies that disrupt cellular metabolic pathways to combat tumor cells and enhance immune-cell activity is currently searching for a Lab Manager who will be responsible for lab operations at the company's facility in South San Francisco. This position will report to the Director of Biology. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, organized, and effective in a team-environment. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for rapid growth opportunities as the company expands. This will initially be a 6+ month contract with extensions and/or conversion to full time. A highly flexible 20 hour/week role and potentially hybrid WFH/remote position for the right candidate.
- Work and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that labs are fully operational.
- Oversee shared lab supplies, including ordering, organizing, and maintaining inventory.
- Manage lab inventories for basic items for shared-use; consumable receipt, storage and use-tracking for re-supply.
- Maintain and manage lab equipment that is required for the effective and smooth operation of the laboratories.
- Interact with vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Process Science, etc.
- 2-5 years of laboratory operations experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in managing hazardous material, fume hood, and safety equipment.
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication skills, and software skills.