Title: Discovery Immunology Scientist
Company Summary: A small, discovery stage biotechnology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking to expand their team. They're focusing on understanding human immunobiology for treatments in multiple disease areas. They are seeking an experienced Discovery Immunology Scientist to join their fun and collaborative team.
The scientist will be primarily supporting the discovery and development of new transformative therapies of regulatory T cells. The ideal candidate will have research experience with an immunology background and hands-on experience working with multicolor flow cytometry assays.
- Develop and perform functional immune assays using primary human immune cells
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and establish assays and standard operating procedures as needed
- Provide scientific expertise and train/direct others in research techniques
- B.A., M.A., or PhD in the relevant area of study related to immunology
- Previous immunology research experience as a bench scientist or postdoc (academic background)
- Hands-on experience with assays to evaluate markers, signaling pathways, drug cytotoxicity, multiplexed gene; ELISA/MSD, Western blot, RT-PCR, CRISPR, etc.
- Hands-on experience in advanced multicolor (+6) flow cytometry, isolation and culture of regulatory T cells