- Upstream processing of cell, viral, and recombinant protein-based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial, insect, and yeast cells will be a strong suit for this individual.
- Manage technical employees, including goals and development plans, performance management, career development, training, mentoring, and leading, among other things. The management structure is based on a matrix.
- Designing and executing complicated experiments and projects using a wide range of complex ideas, theories, and concepts in a hands-on lab setting.
- Develop, optimize, scale-up, and validate all phases in the upstream process development group, including cell bank manufacturing and characterization, using expert input.
- Client development project technical lead; successfully communicates project status and gives technical explanation and rationalization.
- From bench to scale-up and pilot scale, including knowledge transfer through clinical manufacturing, leads the development and implementation of procedures.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the project, able to handle multiple priorities quickly and efficiently including conducting and evaluating training for new or current team members and delegating tasks appropriately.
- BA or MS with 10+ years of industry experience or Ph.D. with 6+ years of industry experience
- Experience in both small and large process scale-up for mammalian, bacterial, and viral vaccine development.
- Cell culture, lab-scale, fermentation and pilot scale bioreactor experience.
- Experience in cGMP and pilot scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations.
- The ability to work in team oriented environment is essential, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development Group and participate on multidisciplinary project teams.
This position offers a very competative base salary with very flexible on site time (potiential to be fully remote). It also offer full benefits package and a competative bonus.