Job Title: Data Product Owner
A large, prominent pharmaceutical company is looking for data product owner to work across and bring a product approach to a plethora of products across consumer health, in digital and marketing focusing on 1st party data marketing strategies. An ideal candidate is someone experienced in working in an agile product methodology with teams and partners across a global environment and who is excited to deliver real value to a company.
Identifying the business demand and assessing the value
- Support the Product Business Sponsor to define the product vision and value framework (the channels and mechanisms through which the data product will deliver value)
- Support the business stakeholders to articulate the current state challenges and / or opportunities to be able to demonstrate the value of the proposed data product.
Developing and prioritizing the product demand level roadmap
- Articulate the relative value of each data product to the Business Sponsor and Product Demand Management group to enable prioritization based on value / need across the data product landscape
- Input and management of the product demand level backlog (within the JIRA toolkit)
- Provide ongoing review and updates on the value of the backlog items vs new demand to ensure it remains relevant to changing business needs and priorities the highest value data products
Guiding development by articulating the business challenge and required functionality.
- Define and prioritize user functionality within the data product development backlog (recorded in DevOps). This includes specifying functional Acceptance Criteria to ensure that the development delivers the required business value
- Work with the Delivery Manager and Technical Product Manager to develop and prioritize / refine the development backlog
- Attend agile ceremonies with the product team, including daily stand-ups, show and tells, retrospectives
- With the Technical Product Manager, develop the User Acceptance Test (UAT) scenarios to support user testing of the data product functionality
Ensures value is delivered during adoption and rollout
- Communicate the data product objectives and value to support change activities, including comms, release approach
- Define and articulate the key leading and lagging metrics that demonstrate the value of the data product, and ensure these are incorporated into change management / measurement planning
- Product ownership and management experience; running a product backlog that iteratively delivers features in order of highest business priority / value within a digital sales & marketing domain
- Knowledge of data structures, technology and governance processes (e.g. Azure Data Lake)
- Experience working within agile teams through at least one of the agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Validated ability to break work down into separate areas of discreet functionality in the form of product epics, features and stories
- Experience successfully delivering complex projects to a high standard and within short timeframes.
- Great business analysis skills working with business teams to identify and assess the value of different needs to enable prioritization.
- Recent examples of delivery of data or technology products / projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage work within a rapidly changing environment. This includes examples of ability to change scope, approach, resources, or timelines in response to an external change
- Experience working with remote teams, based offshore
- Experience prioritizing a product backlog based on a variety on inputs, including business need, architectural complexity, skills availability etc.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps and / or JIRA to manage product backlogs
- Experience working with key product artefacts to support user research, articulate and assess value including, User Personas, User Journeys, Leading and Lagging Metrics, and calculating the Cost of Delay
- Experience presenting business cases for funding approval
- A knowledge of the FMCG industry and external perspective on challenges and innovation opportunities