A well known Life Sciences company which is knowledge-based, science-led businesses focused on delivering solutions based on the technology, expertise, and capabilities their clients demand. They work in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. They provide solutions to customer challenges, by way of instrumentation and chemistry, product characterisation and exploratory toxicology services to the agrochemical, consumer products, chemical, pharmaceutical industries. They also provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the food and environmental sectors.
The Customer Service Engineer will become an expert in the service, maintenance and use of all products. They will be expected to enhance customer support and product sales through a proactive integration of their technical expertise into the daily sales, customer support, & training activities of the team and customer base.
- Ensure that overall customer satisfaction in the territory is maintained at the highest level possible, by responding to customer inquiries, needs, and/or complaints promptly and courteously.
- Perform and complete assigned service jobs in a timely fashion, including installations, performance validations using company certified procedures; problem diagnosis and on-site system repair; align, repair, replace, and/or balance component parts and circuitry as required; reassemble and calibrate instruments and equipment.
- Perform basic training for customer personnel in the operation of the instrument that they purchased. This will include the use of the software, hardware and advice on how to run the customer samples
- Enter and maintain accurate information about territory customers in IT Systems.
- As required by the Service Manager, provide technical assistance to the local Account Manager for new product sales by means of customer visits, participation in product demonstrations, and other brick-walling activities.
- Manage expenses within corporate travel guidelines
- Manage hand stock and tools including replacement orders
- The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent on the job
- Preference will be given to those with experience in X-ray spectrometers, spectroscopy, light scattering, microscopy, chemical imaging.
- Several years related experience and/or training in similar position.
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Competitive benefits package