My client, a global leader in Life Sciences, is looking for a highly experienced cost controller to join their growing Swiss site as a Corporate Controller. You need to be a detailed oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills for this role to present financial information to non-financial individuals, and act as a strategic Business Partner for the organization by analyzing & examining costs at division and functional levels.
You will be working in an international-facing role to support & represent the organization's local and global functions as a key coordinator between departments in advising the business on all financial topics such as reports, forecasts and budgets. Hence, experience & interest working in such a global, cross-functional role is important for this position.
- Presenting the company's financial progress, annual forecasts and budget adjustments with consideration of relevant financial prospects & risks
- Taking the lead on the Target process & results across each Business Unit and evaluating the allocation process from global functions to individual sites
- Understanding where the high-spend areas of the company lie and communicating this effectively to non-finance groups
- Giving financial advice & support for group-level decisions covering costing, spending & reporting, for example
- Efficiently networking & coordinating with senior managers and sub-teams
- Planning and analyzing Overhead Costs for the company (e.g. across Sales and R&D)
- Assisting Function Controllers for their reports & forecasts
- Initiating ideas for novel ways to carry out reporting and analyses e.g. through new dashboards
- Degree in a Financial subject
- At least 5 years of experience in finance-related functions and minimum of 2 years working in international roles with senior management
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills & general IT skills, specifically with accounting systems (SAP preferred) and reporting (BW)
- Strong analytical, communication and planning skills, with a critical-thinking mindset tailored towards to efficiently devise solutions with colleagues at varying levels in the business
- Ability to travel to Basel site 2-3 times per week
- Fluent English language skills