A growing, innovative biotech is seeking a Chief Medical Officer to build their clinical program in the area of liver disease. This opportunity is a rare and unique one, offering the potential to impact and shape this company's direction significantly. The CMO will be part of the executive management team, responsible for developing and leading clinical development.
- Active participation in budget/financing decisions, strategic planning, liaising with key stakeholders and investigators
- Take on an involved leadership role in shaping the vision for the clinical perspective for specific liver disease compounds and manage the lead programs
- Be a representative face for the firm for external audiences, industry collaborators, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Deliver guidance in ensuring that the clinical studies are designed and implemented well and clear data is provided
- Expand pharmaceutical networks and seek out company partners in order to actively build the company's assets
- Some background experience in liver disease preferred
- Proven track record in leading clinical development Phase I-IV therapeutic programs
- Network in the pharmaceutical industry vis-a-vis academia
- MD or MD/PhD-educated
- Proven credibility regarding position in the scientific/medical community - including publications, professional familiarity with key opinion leaders, fellowship/previous academic roles
We are looking for someone who is keen to work in a small, fast-paced company, with the energy and drive to achieve success and work closely within a tight-knit team. Our client offers a competitive package, including excellent salary prospects, equity plans, and other benefits appropriate to experience.