Associate Scientist - Analytical Chemistry
- Research and Development | Method Development
- Greater New York Area
- $85,000-95,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
One of the world's largest and leading pharmaceutical companies known for their commitment to cutting-edge technologies and constant innovation is looking to hire an individual who will serve as an individual contributor while also reporting directly to the Research & Development Manager of the New York office. The ideal candidate will work well both with minimal supervision as well as within a team environment.
General and Technical
- A deep understanding of analytical chemistry tools, physical pharmacy and chemistry, thermodynamics, and chemical reaction kinetics is essential.
- Clear ability to communicate, both written and oral, across seniority levels and disciplines.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and documentation.
- Ability to effectively craft technical documents such as but not limited to protocols, technical memorandums, and reports.
- Design and conduct, under supervision, laboratory pre-formulation, formulation, and process development experiments in order to better develop products and formulation.
- Develop and validate, under supervision, the analytical methods of the company.
- Develop and optimize, at laboratory scale, the manufacturing processes through the alteration of various parameters
- Oversee the manufacturing of both lab-scale and pilot-scale batches.
- Conduct investigations concerning incidents and deviations that occur throughout the manufacturing process.
Minimal Experience and Skills
- MS in Biology or related science with 1-4 years of experience within one's respective academic discipline.
- Command over both written and verbal English is essential.
- Proficiency in computer software and tools such as but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.