Title: Associate Director DMPK
Location: Cambridge, MA, On site
The client, a well-funded and growing biotech based in Cambridge, MA is seeking an Associate Director of DMPK who will design and analyze preclinical studies focused on target discovery and lead optimization of small molecules. This individual will be expected to implement DMPK strategy that directly positions drug development programs to carry out clinical development in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Supports target identification, lead optimization (small molecule) by designing, planning and executing DMPK studies.
- Coordinates with in-house stakeholders and external CROs to support drug candidate selection.
- Represents the DMPK function when liaising with project management and leadership of other functional teams.
- Assists with regulatory process by authoring DMPK sections of submissions.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in drug discovery, preferred if in the development of small molecules.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DMPK principles, specifically small molecule discovery and development.
Strong interpersonal skills and effective ability to communicate cross-functional with other teams, such as CROs, PKPD, etc.