Title: Analytical Scientist, mRNA Therapeutics
Company Summary: A large, global biotechnology company is currently seeking a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic Analytical Scientist as they are rapidly growing in their new site. This position is located in the Greater DC area. You will play a key role in characterizing mRNA vaccine candidates using a variety of analytical methods.
The Analytical Scientist will be responsible for:
- Carrying out assay development in relation to analytical methods used to develop mRNA therapeutics
- Demonstrating independence in data collection and report generation
- Ensuring cross collaboration among the multidisciplinary teams including discovery and technical R&D
- Helping drive the clinical and commercial manufacturing processes for these therapeutics
The Analytical Scientist should have the following qualifications:
- D. in a scientific discipline related to the biological sciences/Master's degree with 3+ years of related industry experience/Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related industry experience
- Prior DNA-sequencing experience (NGS, Sanger, etc.) preferred
- A strong background in nucleic acid studies, particularly mRNA, and corresponding analytical methods, such as HPLC/UPLC, RT-qPCR, fluorescent-based assays, etc.
- An overall go-getter mindset and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits with a 401(k) plan
- Potential for annual bonuses based on the performance of the organization
- Commuter benefits in addition to generous vacation and company holiday allowances
- Lots of opportunity for learning and career development as well as employee recognition
If you see yourself in this Analytical Scientist role and are interested, then please don't wait to apply.