Associate Director of Human Resources
Location : Boston, MA
6 Month Contract (w extension possibilities)
The Associate Director, Human Resources supports the Site VP in the achievement of HR and development strategic objectives, and enable the implementation of business and people strategy through the design and implementation of pragmatic initiatives. To assist the business in leading, training, motivating, developing and empowering employees in accordance with company competencies, policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Masters or equivalent in HR
- Languages: English
- PHR Certified or other relevant qualifications
- At least 7-10 years relevant HR management experience within a pharmaceutical environment
- Translate business strategies and targets into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
- To be an active member of the SLT, US HR Team and Global Tech Ops HR Team participating in meetings, and working collaboratively to drive business performance.
- Provide support, guidance and partnership on HR business approaches, supporting business in improving performance and profitability, and mitigating risk relating to people issues for the SLT.
- Lead HR site project teams and as required regional project teams, or where applicable, actively participate in project teams.
People & Development
- Lead the local people review and succession planning activities with the Site VP
- Support proactive people management of key talent and support the implementation of appropriate activities to support succession planning
- Support the Talent & Employee Development Director in the implementation of learning and development activities as required
- Lead HR related training programs/projects for the site and region (if so required)
Performance Management, C&B & Budget
- Lead the annual performance appraisal and individual award processes, monitoring outcomes to meet internal metrics and benchmarks.
- Work with other functions as appropriate to benchmark compensation and benefits to ensure that the business is competitive within the industry sector.
- Participate in the development of roles and associated job descriptions, ensuring that they are appropriately graded and remunerated.
- Ensure equity in remuneration within agreed businesses and functions, highlighting and managing any areas of concern.
- Analyze people metrics, e.g. including headcount reporting, recruitment activity, budgetary considerations, and, based on these, recommend amendments to drive business performance improvement as part of the annual salary review process
- Accountable for the local payroll for IMIL and IPL together with HR SS